ICE Conditions of Contract
| The First Edition of the ICE was published in 1945, with the most recent edition (ICE 7 th Edition) published in 1999. Not surprisingly this form is mostly used in civil engineering projects. The ICE Conditions of Contract are jointly sponsored by ICE, the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA) and the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE).
Full list of contracts
These are the latest versions of each Contract. Whilst earlier forms can be used this is not recommended.
- Measurement Version 7th Edition
- Design & Construct 2nd Edition
- Term Version 1st Edition
- Minor Works 3rd Edition
- Partnering Addendum
- Tendering for Civil Engineering Contracts
- Agreement for Consultancy Work in Respect of Domestic or Small Works
- Archaeological Investigation 1st Edition
- Target Cost 1st Edition
Current News / Changes:
In addition to the various conditions of contract the ICE publishes Guidance Notes to assist users in the preparation of contract documents and the carrying out of the contract Works. Caution should be exercised when referring to them however. Guidance Notes are published as separate documents for:
- Measurement Version
- Design and Construct
- Minor Works
- Term Version
- Ground Investigation
- Archaeological Investigation
- Target Cost
The 1st Edition of the Target Cost Contract was published in 2005 and is now an alternative to the NEC ECC Options C and D and I Chem E Target Cost Contract (Burgandy Book). Network Rail use this as the basis for their NRI2 Contract which they are using to undertake major projects.
Training and seminar courses
BrunswickIS can offer tailored training on the ICE Conditions of Contract typical courses currently available include:
- ICE Conditions of Contract Measurement Version 7th Edition
- ICE Conditions of Contract Design and Construct 2nd Edition
- ICE Conditions of Contract Target Cost Version 1st Edition
- Network Rail NR 8, 9 and 12 Conditions based on ICE Conditions.
For the latest available information don’t hesitate to contact us on 01295 226 330 or email enquires@BrunswickIS.co.uk