Supporting the Construction Professional
BrunswickIS believes that for projects to be successful the construction professional and the project team as a whole require the appropriate tools and support to fulfil their potential.
This does not simply involve the development of construction related knowledge, important as this is, but also it addresses other issues such as working within teams, risk and value management, dispute avoidance and resolution, and project financing.
BrunswickIS together with Group company Construction Study Centre provides training, coaching and mentoring services in all these areas. The method of delivery depends upon the individual needs and requirements of our Clients.
Seminars and in-house training
BrunswickIS offer in-house training courses covering all aspects of construction and project management issues including:
- standard and bespoke forms of contract;
- commercial awareness;
- project management;
- procurement strategies;
- partnering and collaborative working;
- target cost arrangements;
- team building;
- project financing;
- dispute avoidance and resolution;
- alternative dispute resolution.
BrunswickIS and Alway Associates regularly hold free breakfast seminars around the country addressing a range of construction related issues and helping our Clients to keep abreast of new developments in the industry.
Mentoring and Coaching
In certain circumstances formal training will not achieve the long-term success that a Client or individual requires. Often what is needed is a mentor who is able to give practical feedback and support in live situations.
Bunswick IS provide dedicated highly knowledgeable and experienced professionals to act as mentors. Mentors assist by understanding the long-term issues and goals and use their considerable experience to act as an independent sounding board to ideas, strategies and solutions.
The benefits of these long term relationships include:
- gives personal and constructive long-term support to individuals;
- provides independent advice;
- assists in clarifying the issues, understanding the potential risks and rewards of options and in developing practical decision making strategies;
- offers an external view based on an appreciation of project and construction related issues and law;
- can help identify concerns that might otherwise be overlooked;
- can raise alternative solutions.
The overall aim is to support an individual or project and to assist in their development and ultimate success.